We are looking to expand our team! Apply now!
Open position for a software engineer
Who we are/what we do?
QZabre makes magnetic fields and currents visible at the nanometer scale. We exploit an innovative quantum sensing technique based on atomic defects in diamond. Applications range from fundamental research to industrial development. Founded in early 2018, QZabre commercializes the research results from the Spin Physics and Imaging group and is located on ETH campus with close ties to the research group.
What is the project about?
Our vision is to create a turnkey instrument easy enough to operate for any operator. A crucial component is software and automation as well as an intuitive user interface.
- Expand and improve the existing python prototype
- Propose new concepts for data visualization and acquisition
- Outline requirements by actively interacting with the end users
- Support and troubleshoot system issues as needed
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented and motivated software engineer with a taste for quantum physics.
- Experience in working in a team on a larger software project
- Background in software engineering, computer science, physics or a related field
- Solid programming skills, ideally in Python
What can we offer?
- Join a quantum sensing startup in the early phase
- Full time position with competitive Salary
- Open end contract
Internship on the Development of a Vector Magnetic Generator System for Quantum Microscopy
Our vision is to create a turnkey instrument easy enough to use for any operator. An important component is a versatile vector magnetic field generator for applications in scanning probe microscopy and quantum physics.
- Implement a CAD design for the vector magnetic field generator
- Optimize design for maximum field and low dissipated coil power
- Assemble and test prototype
- Provide complete documentation and detailed user manual
We are looking for a talented and motivated student (masters or final-year Bachelors) with a taste for quantum physics. Ideally, you have the following:
- Good understanding of electromagnetism
- Experienced with CAD design (Solidworks or similar)
- Experienced with FEM simulations (COMSOL or similar)
- Flair for instrument design and hands-on experimental development work
- Experienced with electrical measurements, data analysis and report writing
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of scientists, technicians and engineers
What can we offer?
- Join a quantum sensing startup at its early stage
- Paid internship (up to 15h/week) or academic thesis project
- collaborative project between the Multiscale Robotics group (Prof. Nelson, Schurle), the Spin Physics group (Prof. Degen) and the ETH Spin-offs MagnebotiX AG and QZabre GmbH
- Location is at the ETH Honggerberg campus in Zurich.
If you are interest in this challenging project, please submit your application via email including a CV, transcript of records and a short motivation letter.
Internships & Semester/Bachelor/Master Thesis Projects
Gather valuable work experience or credits with us! We always have space for motivated students working on smaller projects that may even end up in the final product. This can be as a paid internship or via an academic thesis project in collaboration with the Spin Physics and Imaging group at ETH. If you have a natural science, engineering or programming background, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Support us in creating an intuitive software for the complex job of performing scanning quantum measurements. We have a number of projects available in different areas, ranging from back-end low level implementation of measurement sequences, over visualization and transformation of data to automation and user interface. Applicants should have experience with coding python and ideally working on software in group. Apply now to join our team of motivated quantum engineers!
To extend the capabilities of the current system, we need to implement custom hardware using an ARM core microprocessor with peripherals. See your work end up in an actual product! Knowledge in PCB layout, coding in C and soldering skills are necessary. Apply now!