We are looking to expand our team! Apply now!
Internship on the Development of a Vector Magnetic Generator System for Quantum Microscopy
Our vision is to create a turnkey instrument easy enough to use for any operator. An important component is a versatile vector magnetic field generator for applications in scanning probe microscopy and quantum physics.
- Implement a CAD design for the vector magnetic field generator
- Optimize design for maximum field and low dissipated coil power
- Assemble and test prototype
- Provide complete documentation and detailed user manual
We are looking for a talented and motivated student (masters or final-year Bachelors) with a taste for quantum physics. Ideally, you have the following:
- Good understanding of electromagnetism
- Experienced with CAD design (Solidworks or similar)
- Experienced with FEM simulations (COMSOL or similar)
- Flair for instrument design and hands-on experimental development work
- Experienced with electrical measurements, data analysis and report writing
- Ability to interact with a diverse range of scientists, technicians and engineers
What can we offer?
- Join a quantum sensing startup at its early stage
- Paid internship (up to 15h/week) or academic thesis project
- collaborative project between the Multiscale Robotics group (Prof. Nelson, Schurle), the Spin Physics group (Prof. Degen) and the ETH Spin-offs MagnebotiX AG and QZabre GmbH
- Location is at the ETH Honggerberg campus in Zurich.
If you are interest in this challenging project, please submit your application via email including a CV, transcript of records and a short motivation letter.
Internships & Semester/Bachelor/Master Thesis Projects
Gather valuable work experience or credits with us! We always have space for motivated students working on smaller projects that may even end up in the final product. This can be as a paid internship or via an academic thesis project in collaboration with the Spin Physics and Imaging group at ETH. If you have a natural science, engineering or programming background, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Support us in creating an intuitive software for the complex job of performing scanning quantum measurements. We have a number of projects available in different areas, ranging from back-end low level implementation of measurement sequences, over visualization and transformation of data to automation and user interface. Applicants should have experience with coding python and ideally working on software in group. Apply now to join our team of motivated quantum engineers!
To extend the capabilities of the current system, we need to implement custom hardware using an ARM core microprocessor with peripherals. See your work end up in an actual product! Knowledge in PCB layout, coding in C and soldering skills are necessary. Apply now!